Wednesday, December 25, 2019

OLD POST FROM SEP. 1, 2011 (LIFESTYLE)

My 160 pound weight loss

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2011

When people see how much weight I've lost, the typical question besides how did you do it, is how much more are you going to lose. Since I'm not on a diet I don't know how much more I will lose. At some point I will level off. I do feel that I can lose another 10 or 15 pounds. I'm losing slower but still dropping weight. 
A while back I was driving in the car and suddenly felt that I had left my wallet at home. You know men can't go anywhere without their wallets. I reached to my left rear pocket where it would have been and there is was. That was the first time I realized how much weight I had lost. I hadn't lost my wallet but the fat in my rear end that always let me know my wallet was there. A great feeling.

Remember, diets don't work. They do more harm than good. It has to be a change in the way we think, the way we live our lives. It has to be a lifestyle change. Because of the circumstances that brought me to this awaking I know I will never go back to the old way. If I'm ever tempted, the images of the tragedy that woke me up are always there.

We all need help along the way. If you are familiar with Alcoholics Anonymous you know of the buddy system. Having someone you can call on when you are at a low point. We all need help and support. There will be times when you just can't handle it by yourselves. This is another instance where the Internet is very helpful. There are lots of folks out there just like us. They are going through the same things and need help from time to time. I have found several low carb and paleo forums that I've joined to talk to people who are of like mind when it comes to diet and health.
I recommend that you join one or more of these groups.
There are more, but these are good starts with lots of helpful folks.

WHEAT BELLY 
I just finished listening to Dr. William Davis on the Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution podcast
You can listen on Robb's web site or iTunes.
Dr. Davis has a new book just out called
"Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health". I can't wait to read the book. 
Check out Robb's forum too. http://robbwolf.com/forum/


Welcome to your new lifestyle. Help is just a click away.
---------------------------------------------------------------
The links on these old posts may not be active now

BREAD WITHOUT WHEAT

MY 160 POUND WEIGHT LOSS YES IT CAN BE DONE. Alright. Ive told you that wheat is not good for you. I’ve posted SOME of the information.  I c...