Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Post From Feb. 28, 2012 (JERF)


TO SEE MY FIRST POST FROM JULY 2011 GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG. SCROLL DOWN SEVERAL PAGES.
SOME LINKS ON THESE OLD POSTS MAY NOT BE ACTIVE.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2012

Just Eat Real Food. 
If your great grandmother wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it; if it's packaged in a box, don't eat it; if it's advertised on TV don't eat it. They don't advertise good food, when's the last time you saw a commercial for kale?

Will we ever learn?

I was just at a family get together and there were lots of breads, cookies, pies, brownies, LOTS OF SUGAR.

SUGAR IS TOXIC, IT KILLS!

Along with that we can add WHEAT and like grains. They are KILLING US.

I went to a family camp out. An announcement went out for every one to bring a few dozen cookies. When I mentioned that it might not be wise to have so much sugar people got offended and I heard about it.
Well my friends, better to be offended than sick or DEAD.
There were trays and trays full of cookies.
I wish someone had tried to tell me years ago, maybe I would have been offended, but maybe I would have listened and checked into it. Especially if I could see that person had turned their life around.

"My People are destroyed for lack of knowledge". God.
A murder is ending life before it's time, many of us are doing this in the installment plan

I know I may come on a little too strong in my belief, but I've seen first hand what this poison can do to you. 
IT KILLED MY WIFE AND ALMOST KILLED ME! Because of this I've had no problem in putting this junk out of my diet. 

I was listening to a podcast on Livin La Vita Low Carb and the speaker said, you have to associate something that is bad for you with something you don't like. He looked at baked goods as Brussels sprouts. He didn't like Brussels sprouts.
I think of sugar and wheat as crack cocaine. I've never done crack but I know it's bad for you. Sugar and wheat are like crack, literally.

Someone told me they were having trouble staying motivated. I can understand this, it's hard after a lifetime of eating that junk to just stop eating it. I said to him, "you're not ever tempted to eat pork are you?" He said no he was not, I said "Just look at it like pork".

Put out the sweeteners, grains, and starches. Wheat and Potatoes are powerful hypoglycemic, it's like eating sugar.
---

We've been told that getting fat and sick is just a normal part of aging. IT'S NOT. Our bodies were designed to give us many many years of health and energetic life. It's what we have been putting into our bodies that have made us so sick. It's not normal to be sick, it's not normal to feel bad.
---

Nobody chooses to be obese, especially not children, but we are. This is a global pandemic. 
In 2001 six million kids in the USA were seriously overweight, in ten years that number has more than doubled.
Currently there are 30% more obese people in the world than malnourished.
There were 366 million diabetics in 2011, that is 5% of the world's population.
Experts predict 165 million Americans will be obese by 2030. 100 million Americans will have diabetes by 2050. Over a third of our population will be diabetic. You think health care cost are high now, you ain't seen nothing yet.
I've told you about Dr. Lutsig. Watch this video lecture he gave at Harvard Law School.


Dr. Robert Lustig, Professor of Pediatric Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco, argues that it is time for a paradigm shift in obesity science and policy, away from personal responsibility and toward public health. His presentation elaborates on his contention that sugar, like alcohol, should not be treated as an ordinary commodity on the open market.

Recently featured in the New York Times Magazine, Dr. Lustig has become a leading pubic health authority on the impact sugar has on fueling the diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome epidemics, and on addressing changes in the food environment to reverse these chronic diseases.

---

I don't like government intervention in food, but something has to be done about sugar. The sooner the better.
When we have family get togethers the main food is sugar and bread. Remember 2 slices of whole wheat bread will spike your blood sugar more than a snickers bar. It turns into sugar in your body. AVOID IT!
Read Dr. William Davis's book "Wheat Belly".

Sugar is indeed a curse. Watch this documentary titled "Big Sugar". Big Sugar explores the dark history and modern power of the world’s reigning sugar cartels. It reveals how sugar was at the heart of slavery in the West Indies in the 18th century, while showing how present-day consumers are slaves to a sugar-based diet.

---
Read "Is Sugar Toxic?" The New York Times April 17, 2011 

---
Watch this lecture given by Dr. Russell Blaylock. Sugar Consumption and Behavior

In this lecture, Dr. Russell Blaylock explains one of the most important connections between nutrition and our health, how nutrition affects our behavior.
Citing a series of important studies, he shows that good nutrition can powerfully enhance our memory, mood, and behavior in a socially desirable way.
Like wise he shows us that poor nutrition can lead our youth into a world of violence, crime, depression and suicide.
By using an impressive array of studies on both juvenile and adult prisoners, Dr. Blaylock demonstrates these principals and outlines specific measures you can take to protect your children from these detrimental effects. Most importantly, he shows us that it is never too late to make these nutritional changes.

In the year1900 americans consumed about 4 pounds of sugar per person.
Today the average is now 129 pounds a year, a 2500% increase. (I've seen figures as high as 160 pounds and more per year). 57% of this comes from processed foods.
The leading source is fruit juices and sodas (43%).
Since 1974 consumption of sodas has doubled.
Teenagers are drinking an equivalent of 54 teaspoons of sugar a day, just from the sodas. How much more form the bread and candy they are eating.
Adults 40 to 59 years old increased intake of soft drinks by 250% between the years 1972 and 2001.
Older is not wiser, those over age 60 increased 300%.
It is estimated that 50% of people in the US have reactive hypoglycemia.
---
I hope we are learning. I would like to recommend you listen to "Livin La Vita Low Carb" podcast

and "Ask The Low Carb Expert" podcast. 

Both available on iTunes or check out the web sites.

I know that I am repeating myself with some of these recommendations but we learn by repetition.

BREAD WITHOUT WHEAT

MY 160 POUND WEIGHT LOSS YES IT CAN BE DONE. Alright. Ive told you that wheat is not good for you. I’ve posted SOME of the information.  I c...