Friday, February 28, 2020

MY WINTER INDOOR GARDEN

I

Learn why I started a study into health and nutrition almost 10 years ago. How that information led to a 160 pound weight loss and changed my life. Scroll down to my first blog from July 2011.

Sprouts, Nature's SUPER FOOD

It's winter now in central Kentucky. COLD. 
It's the time of year we start planning the spring gardens. Poring over the seed catalogs waiting for the first warm days we can began working the soil. Well you can have fresh greens year round by sprouting. I've been sprouting for years. It's simple to do, you'll save money and sprouts are very healthy.
I sprout several different plants. My favorites are Alfalfa and Radish. Here is some of my indoor garden.

MY INDOOR GARDEN

Sprouts are becoming increasingly known for their nutrition powerhouse. With highly concentrated nutritional benefits compared to eating mature vegetables, sprouts can be easily added to your table, by adding them to salads, soups, sandwiches, stir-fries, sautéed vegetables, and smoothies. The most common sprouts include broccoli, peas, watercress, mung bean, radish, and alfalfa.

Sprouts are low in calories and rich in fibre, enzymes, protein, and other micro-nutrients. They can easily be grown at home without requiring advanced gardening skills. There are tremendous health benefits from including sprouts in your diet:

  • Sprouts are easy and cheap to grow and, as locally grown vegetables, offer additional environmental benefits by avoiding pesticides, food additives and pollution from transportation.
  • They offer a powerful source of vitamins, minerals antioxidants, enzymes that fight free radicals as sprouting can increase their potency by 20 times or more.
  • Because they are oxygen dense they protect the body against bacteria, virus and abnormal cell growth.
  • Soaking and sprouting substantially increases the fibre content in sprouts which facilitates weight loss as the fibre binds to fat and toxins to remove them from the body.
  • Vitamin, such as A, B, C and E, and essential fatty acid nutrients increase in sprouting and minerals bind to protein, making them more easily absorbed.
  • Sprouts alkalize the body and protect it from disease including cancer.
  • Sprouted seeds, grains, legumes or nuts help support cell regeneration.
  • Due to their richness in dietary fibre and low calorie content, sprouts offer a substantial help in your weight loss goals.

Here is some information on the health benefits of Sprouting:


You can purchase sprouting seeds and supplies on Amazon. CLICK HERE 

CHILI.
What better food for a cold winters day. I love chili. I think I make great chili and make it once a week. Enough to last a few days. 
I found a way to make my Kentucky chili even better. 
I add radish sprouts. Spicy radish sprouts are a great addition.
Here is a picture of the chili I enjoyed tonight.

Chili with Radish Sprouts


Don't wait till spring. Start your "Indoor Garden" now.

Learn why I started a study into health and nutrition almost 10 years ago. How that information led to a 160 pound weight loss and changed my life. Scroll down to my first blog from July 2011.


BREAD WITHOUT WHEAT

MY 160 POUND WEIGHT LOSS YES IT CAN BE DONE. Alright. Ive told you that wheat is not good for you. I’ve posted SOME of the information.  I c...